12 December - Acts 20:4-38 And Acts 21-23

Go down

12 December - Acts 20:4-38 And Acts 21-23 Empty 12 December - Acts 20:4-38 And Acts 21-23

Post  Jude on Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:48 am

My soul doth magnify my YAH, and my spirit hath rejoiced in EL my Saviour; For HE that is mighty hath done to me great things; and Holy is HIS Name.  Now unto HIM who is ever present in my helpless estate; who is able to keep me from falling and to present me faultless before the presence of His Glory with exceeding joy, unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise EL our Saviour be honour and glory and majesty, dominion and power both now and for ever Halleluyah!

ACTS 20:4-38

4And he was accompanied by Sopater of Beroia, and Aristarchos and Sekundos of the Thessalonians, and Gaios of Derbe, and Timothy, and Tuchikos and Trophimos of Asia.

5And these, going ahead, waited for us at Troas.

6And we sailed away from Philippi after the Days of Unleavened Bread, and came to them at Troas in five days, where we stayed seven days.

7And on the first day of the week,the taught ones having gathered together to break bread, Sha’ul, intending to depart the next day, was reasoning with them and was extending the word till midnight.

8And there were many lamps in the upper room where they were assembled.

9And a certain young man, by name Eutuchos, was sitting in a window, being overpowered by a deep sleep. As Sha’ul kept on reasoning, he was overcome by sleep and fell down from the third storey, and was picked up dead.

10And Sha’ul, having gone down, fell on him, and embracing him said, “Do not be upset, for his life is in him.”

11Then going up again, and having broken bread and eaten, he talked a long while, even till daybreak, and so went forth.

12And they brought the young man in alive, and were encouraged, not a little.

13And we, going ahead to the ship, sailed to Assos, intending to take Sha’ul on board there, for so he had arranged, intending himself to go on foot.

14And when he met us at Assos, we took him on board and came to Mitulene.

15And from there we sailed, and the next day came opposite Chios. And the next day we arrived at Samos and remained at Trogullion. And the following day we came to Miletos.

16For Sha’ul had decided to sail past Ephesos, so that he might lose no time in Asia, for he was hurrying to be at Yerushalayim, if possible, on the Day of the Festival of Weeks.a

17And from Miletos he sent to Ephesos and called for the elders of the assembly.

18And when they had come to him, he said to them, “You know, from the first day that I came to Asia, how I was with you all the time,

19serving the Master with all humility, with many tears and trials which befell me by the plotting of the Yehuḏim,

20as I kept back no matter that was profitable, but proclaimed it to you, and taught you publicly and from house to house,

21witnessing to Yehuḏim, and also to Greeks: repentance toward Elohim and belief in our Master יהושע Messiah.

22“And now see, I go bound in the spirit to Yerushalayim, not knowing what is going to meet me there,

23except that the Set-apart Spirit witnesses in every city, saying that chains and pressures await me.

24“But I do not count my life of any value to me, so that I might accomplish my mission with joy, and the service which I received from the Master יהושע, to bear witness to the Good News of the favour of Elohim.

25“And now see, I know that you all, among whom I went about proclaiming the reign of Elohim, shall see my face no more.

26“Therefore I witness to you this day that I am clear from the blood of all.

27“For I kept not back from declaring to you all the counsel of Elohim.

28“Therefore take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the Set-apart Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the assembly of Elohim which He has purchased with His own blood.

29“For I know this, that after my departure savage wolvesa shall come in among you, not sparing the flock.

30“Also from among yourselves men shall arise, speaking distorted teachings, to draw away the taught ones after themselves.

31“Therefore watch, remembering that for three years, night and day, I did not cease to warn each one with tears.

32“And now, brothers, I commit you to Elohim and to the word of His favour, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those having been set apart.

33“I have coveted no one’s silver or gold or garments.

34“And you yourselves know that these hands supplied my needs, and for those who were with me.

35“All this I did show you, by labouring like this, that you ought to help the weak. And remember the words of the Master יהושע, that He said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”

36And having said this, he knelt down and prayed with them all.

37And there was much weeping among them all, and falling on Sha’ul’s neck, they kissed him,

38distressed most of all because of the word which he had said, that they would see his face no more. And they went with him to the ship.

ACTS 21

1And it came to be, when we had torn ourselves away from them, and had set sail, we ran a straight course and came to Cos, and the next day to Rhodes, and from there to Patara.

2And having found a ship passing over to Phoenicia, we went aboard and set sail.

3And having sighted Cyprus, and having passed it on the left, we sailed to Syria, and landed at Tsor, for the ship was to unload her cargo there.

4And having found taught ones, we remained there seven days. And they told Sha’ul through the Spirit not to go up to Yerushalayim.

5And when it came to be that our days there were ended, we left and went on, all of them accompanying us, with wives and children, till we were out of the city. And kneeling down on the beach, we prayed.

6And having embraced one another, we boarded the ship, and they returned to their homes.

7And when we had completed our voyage from Tsor, we came to Ptolemais. And having greeted the brothers we stayed with them one day.

8And on the next day we left and came to Caesarea, and went into the house of Philip the evangelist, who was one of the seven, and stayed with him.

9Now this one had four maiden daughters who prophesied.

10And as we were staying many days, a certain prophet named Ḥag̅aḇ came down from Yehuḏah,

11and having come to us, he took the girdle of Sha’ul, bound his own hands and feet, and said, “Thus says the Set-apart Spirit, ‘Thus shall the Yehuḏim at Yerushalayim bind the man who owns this girdle, and deliver him into the hands of the gentiles.’ ”

12And when we heard this, both we and those from that place begged him not to go up to Yerushalayim.

13And Sha’ul answered, “What do you mean by weeping and breaking my heart? For I am ready not only to be bound, but also to die at Yerushalayim for the Name of the Master יהושע.”

14And as he could not be persuaded, we ceased, saying, “Let the desire of the Master be done.”

15And after those days, having made ready, we went up to Yerushalayim.

16And also some of the taught ones from Caesarea went with us and brought with them one, Mnason of Cyprus, an early taught one, with whom we were to lodge.

17And when we had arrived in Yerushalayim, the brothers received us gladly.

18And on the following day Sha’ul went in with us to Ya‛aqoḇ, and all the elders came.

19And having greeted them, he was relating one by one what Elohim had done among the gentiles through his service.

20And when they heard it, they praised the Master. And they said to him, “You see, brother, how many thousands of Yehuḏim there are who have believed, and all are ardent for the Torah.

21“And they have been informed about you that you teach all the Yehuḏim who are among the gentiles to forsake Mosheh, saying not to circumcise the children nor to walk according to the practices.

22“What then is it? They shall certainly hear that you have come.

23“So do this, what we say to you: We have four men who have taken a vow.

24“Take them and be cleansed with them, and pay their expenses so that they shave their heads. And all shall know that what they have been informed about you is not so, but that you yourself also walk orderly, keeping the Torah.

25“But concerning the gentiles who believe, we have written and decided that they should keep themselves from what is offered to idols, and blood, and what is strangled, and whoring.”a

26Then Sha’ul took the men on the next day, and having been cleansed with them, went into the Set-apart Place to announce the completion of the days of separation – until the offering should be presented for each one of them.

27And when the seven days were almost ended, the Yehuḏim from Asia, seeing him in the Set-apart Place, were stirring up all the crowd, and they laid hands on him,

28crying out, “Men of Yisra’ĕl, help! This is the man who is teaching all men everywhere against the people, and the Torah, and this place. And besides, he also brought Greeks into the Set-apart Place and has profaned this Set-apart Place.”

29Because they had previously seen Trophimos the Ephesian with him in the city, whom they thought that Sha’ul had brought into the Set-apart Place.

30And the entire city was moved, and the people rushed together, seized Sha’ul, and dragged him out of the Set-apart Place. And immediately the doors were shut.

31And while they were seeking to kill him, a report came to the commander of the company of soldiers that all Yerushalayim was in confusion.

32At once he took soldiers and captains, and ran down to them. And they, having seen the commander and the soldiers, stopped beating Sha’ul.

33Then the commander came near and took him, and commanded him to be bound with two chains, and was asking who he was and what he had done.

34And in the crowd some were shouting this and others that. And not being able to ascertain the truth because of the uproar, he commanded him to be taken into the barracks.

35And when he came to the stairs, he had to be carried by the soldiers because of the violence of the crowd.

36For a large number of the people followed after, crying out, “Away with him!”

37And as Sha’ul was about to be led into the barracks, he said to the commander, “Am I allowed to say somewhat to you?” And he said, “Do you know Greek?

38“Are you not the Mitsrite who some time ago stirred up a revolt and led the four thousand assassins out into the wilderness?”

39But Sha’ul replied, “I am a Yehuḏite from Tarsos, in Kilikia, a citizen of no mean city. And I beg you, allow me to speak to the people.”

40And having given him permission, Sha’ul, standing on the stairs motioned with his hand to the people. And when there was a great silence, he spoke in the Heḇrew language, saying,

ACTS 22

1“Men, brothers, and fathers, hear my defence before you now.”

2And when they heard that he spoke to them in the Heḇrew language,a they kept greater silence. And he said:

3“I am indeed a Yehuḏite, having been born in Tarsos of Kilikia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamli’ĕl, having been instructed according to the exactness of the Torah of our fathers, being ardent for Elohim, as you all are today,

4who persecuted this Way to the death, binding and delivering up into prisons both men and women,

5as also the high priest bears me witness, and all the eldership, from whom I also received letters to the brothers, and went to Damascus to bring in chains even those who were there to Yerushalayim to be punished.

6“And it came to be, as I was journeying and coming near Damascus, about noon, suddenly a great light shone around me out of the heaven,

7and I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Sha’ul, Sha’ul, why do you persecute Me?’

8“And I answered, ‘Who are You, Master?’ And He said to me, ‘I am יהושע of Natsareth, whom you persecute.’

9“And those who were with me indeed saw the light and were afraid, but they did not hear His voice speaking to me.

10“And I said, ‘What shall I do, Master?’ And the Master said to me, ‘Rise up, go into Damascus, and there you shall be told all that you have been appointed to do.’

11“And as I could not see because of the esteem of that light, being led by the hand of those who were with me, I came into Damascus.

12“And a certain Ḥananyah,a a dedicated man according to the Torah, being well spoken of by all the Yehuḏim dwelling there,

13came to me, and stood by and said to me, ‘Brother Sha’ul, look up.’ And at that same hour I looked up at him.

14“And he said, ‘The Elohim of our fathers has appointed you to know His desire, and to see the Righteous One, and to hear the voice from His mouth.

15‘Because you shall be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard.

16‘And now, why do you delay? Rise up, be immersed, and wash away your sins, calling on the Name of יהוה.’

17“And it came to be, when I returned to Yerushalayim, and while I was praying in the Set-apart Place, I came to be in a trance,

18and I saw Him saying to me, ‘Hurry and get out of Yerushalayim, speedily, because they shall not accept your witness concerning Me.’

19“And I said, ‘Master, they know that in every congregation I was imprisoning and beating those who believe on You.

20‘And when the blood of Your witness Stephanos was shed, I also was standing by giving my approval to his death, and keeping the garments of those who were killing him.’

21“And He said to me, ‘Go, because I shall send you far from here to the gentiles.’ ”

22And they were listening to him until this word, and then they lifted up their voice, saying, “Away with such a one from the earth, for it is not fit that he should live!”

23As they were shouting and tearing their garments, and throwing dust into the air,

24the commander ordered him to be brought into the barracks, and said that he should be examined by flogging, in order to find out why they were shouting so against him.

25And as they were stretching him out with straps, Sha’ul said to the captain who was standing by, “Is it permitted for you to whip a man who is a Roman, and uncondemned?”

26And when the captain heard, he went and reported to the commander, saying, “Watch what you are about to do, for this man is a Roman.”

27And having come, the commander said to him, “Say to me, are you a Roman?” And he said, “Yes.”

28And the commander answered, “With a large sum I obtained this citizenship.” And Sha’ul said, “But I was even born so.”

29Then at once those who were about to examine him withdrew from him. And the commander was also afraid after he found out that he was a Roman, and because he had bound him.

30And on the next day, intending to know for certain why he was accused by the Yehuḏim, he released him, and commanded the chief priests and all their council to come, and brought Sha’ul down and set him before them.

ACTS 23

1And Sha’ul, looking intently at the council, said, “Men, brothers, I have lived in all good conscience before Elohim until this day.”

2And the high priest Ḥananyah commanded those who stood by him to strike him on the mouth.

3Then Sha’ul said to him, “Elohim is going to strike you, whitewashed wall! And do you sit judging me according to the Torah, and do you command me to be struck contrary to the Torah?”

4And those who stood by said, “Do you revile the high priest of Elohim?”

5And Sha’ul said, “I did not know, brothers, that he was the high priest, for it has been written, ‘You shall not speak evil of the ruler of your people.’ ”

6Now Sha’ul, perceiving that one part were Sadducees and the other Pharisees, cried out in the council, “Men, brothers, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee, I am being judged concerning the expectation and resurrection of the dead!”

7And when he had said this, there came a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees. And the crowd was divided.

8For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, nor messenger nor spirit, but the Pharisees confess both.

9And there was a great uproar. And certain of the scribes of the party of Pharisees were earnestly contending, saying, “We find no evil in this man. And if a spirit or a messenger has spoken to him, let us not fight against Elohim.”

10And a great dissension having come, the commander, fearing lest Sha’ul would be pulled to pieces by them, commanded the body of soldiers to go down and seize him from their midst, and bring him into the barracks.

11And on the following night the Master stood by him and said, “Take courage, Sha’ul, for as you have witnessed for Me in Yerushalayim, so you have to bear witness at Rome too.”

12And when it became day, some of the Yehuḏim made a conspiracy and bound themselves under an oath, saying that they would neither eat nor drink until they had killed Sha’ul.

13And those making this conspiracy were more than forty,

14who, having come to the chief priests and elders, said, “We have bound ourselves under a great oath not to eat at all until we have killed Sha’ul.

15“Now, then, you, with the council, inform the commander to have him brought down to you tomorrow, as intending to examine more exactly all about him. And we are ready to kill him before he comes near.”

16And when Sha’ul’s sister’s son heard of their ambush, he went and entered into the barracks and reported to Sha’ul.

17And Sha’ul, having called one of the captains to him, said, “Take this young man to the commander, for he has somewhat to report to him.”

18He indeed then took him and led him to the commander and said, “The prisoner Sha’ul called me to him and asked me to bring this young man to you, having somewhat to say to you.”

19And the commander, having taken him by the hand, went aside by themselves and asked, “What is it that you have to report to me?”

20And he said, “The Yehuḏim have agreed to ask that you bring Sha’ul down to the council tomorrow, as intending to inquire more exactly about him.

21“Therefore, do not let them persuade you, for more than forty of them lie in wait for him, men who have bound themselves by an oath neither to eat nor to drink until they have killed him. And now they are ready, waiting for the promise from you.”

22Then the commander dismissed the young man, having commanded him, “Inform no one that you reported this to me.”

23And having called near a certain two captains, he said, “Get two hundred soldiers ready to go to Caesarea, and seventy horsemen, and two hundred spearmen, after the third hour of the night,

24and provide beasts, on which to place Sha’ul, and bring him safely to Felix the governor,”

25having written a letter in this form:

26Claudius Lysias, to the most excellent governor Felix: Greetings.

27This man, having been seized by the Yehuḏim, and being about to be killed by them, I rescued, having come with the body of soldiers, having learned that he was a Roman.

28And, desiring to know the reason they accused him, I brought him before their council.

29I found out that he was accused concerning questions of their Torah, but there was no charge against him deserving death or chains.

30And when I was informed that there was to be a plot against the man by the Yehuḏim, I sent him immediately to you, having also commanded his accusers to state before you the charges against him. Be strong!

31So the soldiers, as they were commanded, took Sha’ul and brought him by night to Antipatris.

32And on the next day they left the horsemen to go on with him, and returned to the barracks,

33who, having come to Caesarea, and delivered the letter to the governor, they also presented Sha’ul to him.

34And the governor, having read it, and having asked of what province he was, and being informed that he was from Kilikia,

35said, “I shall hear you when your accusers arrive also.” And he commanded him to be kept in Herodes’ palace.

May Abba Yahuah Bless you and guard you. May the light of EL Shaddai shine upon you, and may Abba Yahuah be gracious to you. May the presence of Elohim be with you and give you peace! - Judy
Jude
Jude
Admin

http://thepottersclay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum