13 April - Psalm 11, 1 Samuel 18-20 And Psalm 59

Go down

13 April - Psalm 11, 1 Samuel 18-20 And Psalm 59 Empty 13 April - Psalm 11, 1 Samuel 18-20 And Psalm 59

Post  Jude on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:04 pm

My soul doth magnify my YAH, and my spirit hath rejoiced in EL my Saviour; For HE that is mighty hath done to me great things; and Holy is HIS Name.  Now unto HIM who is ever present in my helpless estate; who is able to keep me from falling and to present me faultless before the presence of His Glory with exceeding joy, unto the King Eternal, Immortal, Invisible, the only wise EL our Saviour be honour and glory and majesty, dominion and power both now and for ever Halleluyah!

PSALM 11  

1In יהוה I have taken refuge; Why do you say to me, “Flee to your mountain like a bird”?

2For look! The wrong bend a bow, They set their arrow on the string, To shoot in darkness at the upright in heart.

3When the foundations are destroyed, What shall the righteous do?

4יהוה is in His set-apart Hĕḵal, The throne of יהוה is in the heavens. His eyes see, His eyelids examine the sons of men.

5יהוה tries the righteous, But His being shall hate the wrong And the one who loves violence.

6Upon the wrong He rains snares, Fire and sulphur and a scorching wind Are the portion of their cup.

7For יהוה is righteous, He has loved righteousness; The upright shall see His face.

1 SAMUEL 18  

1And it came to be, when he had ended speaking to Sha’ul, that the being of Yehonathan was knit to the being of Dawiḏ, and Yehonathan loved him as his own being.

2And Sha’ul took him that day, and would not let him return to his father’s house any more.

3And Yehonathan and Dawiḏ made a covenant, because he loved him as his own being.

4And Yehonathan took off the robe that was on him and gave it to Dawiḏ, and his garments, even to his sword and his bow and his girdle.

5And Dawiḏ went out wherever Sha’ul sent him. He acted wisely, and Sha’ul set him over the men of battle, and it was right in the eyes of all the people and also in the eyes of Sha’ul’s servants.

6And it came to be, as they came in, as Dawiḏ was returning from smiting the Philistine, that the women came out from all the cities of Yisra’ĕl, singing and dancing, to meet Sha’ul the sovereign with tambourines, with joy, and with musical instruments.

7And the women sang as they danced, and said, “Sha’ul smote his thousands, and Dawiḏ his ten thousands.”

8And Sha’ul was very wroth, and this matter was evil in his eyes, and he said, “To Dawiḏ they have given ten thousands, and to me they have given thousands. So what more for him, except the reign?”

9And from that day on Sha’ul eyed Dawiḏ.

10And it came to be on the next day that an evil spirit from Elohim came upon Sha’ul, and he prophesied inside the house, while Dawiḏ was playing the lyre with his hand, as usual. And the spear was in the hand of Sha’ul.

11Then Sha’ul hurled the spear, for he said, “Let me smite Dawiḏ, even to the wall.” But twice Dawiḏ withdrew from his presence.

12And Sha’ul was afraid of Dawiḏ, because יהוה was with him, but from Sha’ul He had turned away.

13Sha’ul therefore removed him from his presence, and made him his commander over a thousand. And he went out and came in before the people.

14And Dawiḏ was acting wisely in all his ways, and יהוה was with him.

15And Sha’ul saw that he was acting very wisely, and was afraid of him.

16But all Yisra’ĕl and Yehuḏah loved Dawiḏ, as he went out and came in before them.

17And Sha’ul said to Dawiḏ, “See my older daughter Mĕraḇ! I give her to you as a wife. Only be brave for me, and fight the battles of יהוה.” For Sha’ul thought, “Let not my hand be against him, but let the hand of the Philistines be against him.”

18And Dawiḏ said to Sha’ul, “Who am I, and what is my life or my father’s clan in Yisra’ĕl, that I should be son-in-law to the sovereign?”

19And it came to be at the time when Mĕraḇ, Sha’ul’s daughter, should have been given to Dawiḏ, that she was given to Aḏri’ĕl the Meḥolathite as a wife.

20And Miḵal, Sha’ul’s daughter, loved Dawiḏ. And they told Sha’ul, and the matter was right in his eyes.

21And Sha’ul said, “Let me give her to him and let her be a snare to him, and the hand of the Philistines be against him.” So Sha’ul said to Dawiḏ a second time, “Become my son-in-law today.”

22And Sha’ul commanded his servants, “Speak to Dawiḏ gently, and say, ‘See, the sovereign has delighted in you, and all his servants have loved you. And now, be the sovereign’s son-in-law!’ ”

23And the servants of Sha’ul spoke those words in the hearing of Dawiḏ. And Dawiḏ said, “Does it seem to you a small matter to be a sovereign’s son-in-law, seeing I am a poor man, and lightly esteemed?”

24And the servants of Sha’ul told him, saying, “Dawiḏ has spoken according to these words.”

25And Sha’ul said, “Say to Dawiḏ, ‘The sovereign has no delight in any payment for the bride but one hundred foreskins of the Philistines, to take vengeance on the sovereign’s enemies.’ ” But Sha’ul intended to have Dawiḏ fall by the hand of the Philistines.

26And his servants declared these words to Dawiḏ, and it pleased Dawiḏ well to become the sovereign’s son-in-law. And the days had not expired,

27and Dawiḏ arose and went, he and his men, and smote two hundred men of the Philistines. And Dawiḏ brought their foreskins, and they set them before the sovereign, to become the sovereign’s son-in-law. And Sha’ul gave him Miḵal his daughter as a wife.

28And Sha’ul saw and knew that יהוה was with Dawiḏ, and Miḵal daughter of Sha’ul did love him.

29So then Sha’ul was still more afraid of Dawiḏ. And Sha’ul came to be an enemy of Dawiḏ all the days.

30And the princes of the Philistines went out to fight. And it came to be, whenever they went out, that Dawiḏ acted more wisely than all the servants of Sha’ul, so that his name came to be very precious.

1 SAMUEL 19  

1And Sha’ul spoke to Yonathan his son and to all his servants, to put Dawiḏ to death. But Yehonathan, Sha’ul’s son, delighted much in Dawiḏ,

2and Yehonathan declared to Dawiḏ, saying, “My father Sha’ul seeks to put you to death. And now, please be on your guard until morning, and dwell in secrecy, and hide.

3“And I myself shall go out and stand beside my father in the field where you are, and speak with my father about you, and shall see, and shall let you know.”

4And Yehonathan spoke well of Dawiḏ to Sha’ul his father, and said to him, “Let not the sovereign sin against his servant, against Dawiḏ, because he has not sinned against you, and because his works have been very good toward you.

5“For he took his life in his hands and smote the Philistine, and יהוה wrought a great deliverance for all Yisra’ĕl. You saw it and rejoiced. Why then do you sin against innocent blood, to put Dawiḏ to death without cause?”

6And Sha’ul listened to the voice of Yehonathan, and Sha’ul swore, “As יהוה lives, he does not die.”

7Yehonathan then called Dawiḏ, and Yehonathan told him all these words. So Yehonathan brought Dawiḏ to Sha’ul, and he was in his presence as before.

8And there was fighting again, and Dawiḏ went out and fought with the Philistines, and smote them, a great smiting, and they fled before him.

9And an evil spirit from יהוה came upon Sha’ul as he sat in his house with his spear in his hand. And Dawiḏ was playing the lyre with his hand,

10and Sha’ul sought to smite the spear through Dawiḏ, and into the wall, but he slipped away from the presence of Sha’ul, so he smote the spear into the wall. And Dawiḏ fled and escaped that night.

11And Sha’ul sent messengers to Dawiḏ’s house to watch him and to put him to death in the morning. And Miḵal, Dawiḏ’s wife, informed him, saying, “If you do not save your life tonight, tomorrow you are put to death.”

12So Miḵal let Dawiḏ down through a window, and he went and fled and escaped.

13And Miḵal took the household idol and laid it in the bed, and put a cover of goats’ hair for his head, and covered it with a garment.

14And when Sha’ul sent messengers to take Dawiḏ, she said, “He is sick.”

15And Sha’ul sent the messengers back to see Dawiḏ, saying, “Bring him up to me in the bed to put him to death.”

16And the messengers came in and saw the household idol in the bed, with a cover of goats’ hair for his head.

17Sha’ul then said to Miḵal, “Why have you deceived me like this, and sent my enemy away, so that he escaped?” And Miḵal answered Sha’ul, “He said to me, ‘Let me go, why should I put you to death?’ ”

18Now Dawiḏ fled and escaped, and went to Shemu’ĕl at Ramah, and told him all that Sha’ul had done to him. And he and Shemu’ĕl went and dwelt in Nawith.

19And it was reported to Sha’ul, saying, “See, Dawiḏ is in Nawith in Ramah!”

20And Sha’ul sent messengers to take Dawiḏ. And they saw the assembly of the prophets prophesying, and Shemu’ĕl standing as leader over them, and the Spirit of Elohim came upon the messengers of Sha’ul, and they also prophesied.

21And when Sha’ul was told, he sent other messengers, and they prophesied likewise. So Sha’ul sent messengers again, the third time, and they prophesied also.

22Then he himself went to Ramah, and came to the great well that is at Seḵu. And he asked, and said, “Where are Shemu’ĕl and Dawiḏ?” And one said, “There in Nawith in Ramah.”

23So he went there to Nawith in Ramah. And the Spirit of Elohim was upon him too, and he went on and prophesied until he came to Nawith in Ramah.

24And he also stripped off his garments and prophesied before Shemu’ĕl, and lay down naked all that day and all that night. Therefore they say, “Is Sha’ul also among the prophets?”

1 SAMUEL 20  

1And Dawiḏ fled from Nawith in Ramah, and went and said to Yehonathan, “What have I done? What is my crookedness, and what is my sin before your father, that he seeks my life?”

2And Yehonathan said to him, “Far be it! You are not going to die! See, my father does no big matter nor small matter without disclosing it to me. And why should my father hide this matter from me? It is not so!”

3But Dawiḏ swore again, and said, “Your father knows well that I have found favour in your eyes, and he says, ‘Do not let Yehonathan know this, lest he be grieved.’ But truly, as יהוה lives and as your being lives, there is but a step between me and death.”

4And Yehonathan said to Dawiḏ, “Whatever your desire is, I do it for you.”

5And Dawiḏ said to Yehonathan, “See, tomorrow is the New Moon, and I ought to sit with the sovereign to eat. But let me go, and I shall hide in the field until the third day at evening.

6“If your father misses me at all, then you shall say, ‘Dawiḏ earnestly asked my permission to run over to Bĕyth Leḥem, his city, for a yearly slaughtering is made there for all the clan.’

7“If he says thus, ‘It is well,’ your servant is safe. But if he is very displeased, then know that he has resolved to do evil.

8“And you shall show kindness to your servant, for you have brought your servant into a covenant of יהוה with you. And if there is crookedness in me, put me to death yourself, for why should you bring me to your father?”

9And Yehonathan said, “Far be it from you! For if I knew with certainty that my father has resolved that evil is to come upon you, then would I not make it known to you?”

10And Dawiḏ said to Yehonathan, “Who would make it known to me, or what if your father answers you sharply?”

11And Yehonathan said to Dawiḏ, “Come, and let us go out into the field.” And they both went out into the field.

12And Yehonathan said to Dawiḏ, “יהוה Elohim of Yisra’ĕl be witness! When I search out my father sometime tomorrow, or the third day, and see if there is good toward Dawiḏ, and I do not send to you or disclose it to you,

13so let יהוה do so and much more to Yehonathan. And if it pleases my father to do you evil, then I shall disclose it to you and send you away, and you shall go in peace. And יהוה be with you as He has been with my father.

14“But show me the kindness of יהוה, not only while I still live, so that I do not die,

15and do not cut off your kindness from my house forever, no, not when יהוה has cut off every one of the enemies of Dawiḏ from the face of the earth.”

16And Yehonathan made a covenant with the house of Dawiḏ, saying, “יהוה shall require it at the hand of the enemies of Dawiḏ.”

17And Yehonathan again made Dawiḏ swear, because he loved him, for he loved him as he loved his own being.

18So Yehonathan said to him, “Tomorrow is the New Moon, and you shall be missed, because your seat shall be empty.

19“And on the third day, go down quickly and you shall come to the place where you hid on the day of the deed, and shall remain by the stone Ětsel.

20“And let me shoot three arrows to the side of it as though shooting at a target,

21and see, I shall send the youth, saying, ‘Go, find the arrows.’ If I expressly say to the youth, ‘Look, the arrows are on this side of you, get them and come,’ then, as יהוה lives, there is safety for you and no concern.

22“But if I say thus to the youth, ‘Look, the arrows are beyond you,’ go your way, for יהוה has sent you away.

23“And as for the word which you and I have spoken of, see, יהוה is between you and me forever.”

24And Dawiḏ hid in the field. And when the New Moon came, the sovereign sat down by the food to eat.

25And the sovereign sat on his seat, as at other times, on a seat by the wall, with Yehonathan standing, and Aḇnĕr sitting by Sha’ul’s side, but the place of Dawiḏ was empty.

26But Sha’ul spoke not a word that day, for he thought, “It is an accident; he is not clean, for he has not been cleansed.”

27And it came to be the next day, the second day of the month, that Dawiḏ’s place was empty. And Sha’ul said to Yehonathan his son, “Why has the son of Yishai not come to eat, either yesterday or today?”

28And Yehonathan answered Sha’ul, “Dawiḏ earnestly asked my permission to go to Bĕyth Leḥem.

29“And he said, ‘Please let me go, for our clan has a slaughtering in the city, and my brother has commanded me to be there. And now, if I have found favour in your eyes, please let me get away and see my brothers.’ That is why he has not come to the sovereign’s table.”

30Then the displeasure of Sha’ul burned against Yehonathan, and he said to him, “You son of a perverse, rebellious woman! Do I not know that you have chosen the son of Yishai to your own shame and to the shame of your mother’s nakedness?

31“For as long as the son of Yishai lives on the earth, you shall not be established, you and your reign. And now, send and bring him to me, for he is a son of death.”

32And Yehonathan answered Sha’ul his father, and said to him, “Why should he be put to death? What has he done?”

33At that, Sha’ul hurled a spear at him to smite him. Then Yehonathan knew that his father had resolved to put Dawiḏ to death.

34And Yehonathan rose up from the table in the heat of displeasure, and ate no food the second day of the month, for he was grieved for Dawiḏ, because his father put him to shame.

35And it came to be, in the morning, that Yehonathan went out into the field at the time appointed with Dawiḏ, and a small youth was with him.

36And he said to the youth, “Now run, find the arrows which I shoot.” As the youth ran, he shot an arrow beyond him.

37And when the youth came to the place where the arrow was which Yehonathan had shot, Yehonathan called out after the youth and said, “Is not the arrow beyond you?”

38And Yehonathan shouted after the youth, “Make haste, hurry, do not stand still!” And Yehonathan’s youth picked up the arrows and came to his master.

39But the youth knew not a speck. Only Yehonathan and Dawiḏ knew of the matter.

40Then Yehonathan gave his weapons to the youth and said to him, “Go, take them to the city.”

41And as soon as the youth had gone, Dawiḏ rose up from the south side, and fell on his face to the ground, and bowed down three times. And they kissed one another. And they wept together, but Dawiḏ more so.

42And Yehonathan said to Dawiḏ, “Go in peace, since we have both sworn in the Name of יהוה, saying, ‘יהוה is between you and me, and between your seed and my seed, forever.’ ” Then he arose and left, and Yehonathan went into the city.

PSALM 59  

1Deliver me from my enemies, O my Elohim; Set me on high from those who rise up against me.

2Deliver me from the workers of wickedness, And save me from men of blood.

3For look, they have lain in wait for my life; Mighty men assemble against me, For no transgression or sin of mine, O יהוה,

4For no guilt of mine! They run and prepare themselves. Awake to help me, and see!

5And You, יהוה Elohim of hosts, Elohim of Yisra’ĕl, Awake to punish all the gentiles; Show no favour to any wicked traitors. Selah.

6They return at evening, They howl like a dog, And go around the city.

7See, they belch out with their mouth, Swords are in their lips, For who is listening?

8But You, יהוה, laughs at them, You mock all the gentiles.

9O my Strength, I wait for You; For Elohim is my strong tower, My Elohim of kindness.

10Elohim does go before me, He lets me look upon my enemies.

11Do not slay them, lest my people forget; Scatter them by Your power, And bring them down, O יהוה our shield.

12The sin of their mouth is the words of their lips, And they are captured in their pride, And for the cursing and lying they utter.

13Bring them to an end in wrath, Bring them to an end, That they be no more; And let them know That Elohim is ruling in Ya‛aqoḇ To the ends of the earth. Selah.

14And at evening they return, They howl like a dog, And go around the city.

15They wander up and down for food, And whine if they are not satisfied.

16And I, I sing of Your power; And in the morning I sing aloud of Your kindness; For You have been my strong tower And a refuge in the day of my distress.

17O my Strength, to You I sing praises; For Elohim is my strong tower, My Elohim of kindness.

May Abba Yahuah Bless you and guard you. May the light of EL Shaddai shine upon you, and may Abba Yahuah be gracious to you. May the presence of Elohim be with you and give you peace! - Judy
Jude
Jude
Admin

http://thepottersclay.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum